It is all I have been eating. Fast, cheap healthy, and tasty, soup checks each one my boxes as soon as it comes to a meal that is fantastic. So that I have leftovers for the week along with also the freezer, While I make soup I make large batches. As a result of my kick, I’ve a deep freezer stocked filled with two forms of also that Thai style soup, a curry fennel soup, also tomato soup.
There is something about the flavors in this soup which allow it to feel glowing and refreshing sufficient to move , although reassuring to the winter temps we undergoing and hearty. I adore the combo of ginger’s taste combined with the refreshing taste of lemongrass. Lemongrass and the ginger package packed with taste that’s mellowed a little by the taste and texture of milk to this broth. The accession of blossoms rice, and this carrot create.
Thai Soup With Tofu And Rice
For The Soup:
- 2 tsp coconut oil divided
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped into coins
- 1 bunch scallions chopped and divided into two piles
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass leave whole and cut an x in the bottom of the root end (this will help release the lemongrass flavor)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- zest and juice on 1 lime
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Cut tofu into cubes and place them in a medium sized bowl. Mix tamari, agave, and sesame oil together in a small bowl. In a large dutch oven or soup pot heat 1 tsp coconut oil over medium heat. Pour tamari mixture over cubed tofu and toss to make sure each piece is evenly coated. Add tofu to the hot pan and brown on all sides, about 15 minutes. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp coconut oil. Add onion and carrot and cook until soft and fragrant. Add half of the chopped scallions (reserve the rest for garnish), garlic, ginger, and lemongrass. Cook for 2-3 minutes until very fragrant. Add the stock and coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass from pan and toss it. Season the soup broth with salt and pepper to taste and add the lime zest and juice. Place a serving of rice in each bowl, pour the soup broth over the rice, and top with tofu, scallions, cilantro, and peanuts. Enjoy!