I can’t imagine a week without pasta and I can’t imagine eating the same pasta every week. Even though there are so many varieties, shapes and flavors of pasta, the sauce brings the best out of it.
The pasta sauces we make at home are usually season inspired or the classics we made for ages in our family. But once a year we make this heavenly delicious
Truffles are one of the most expensive mushrooms in the world because they are pretty hard to find and the flavor is incredibly deep. However buying truffles once a year for special occasions like anniversaries and celebrations and then using them in this pasta makes it all worth it. The sauce is luscious, rich and incredibly tasty and the freshly grated parmesan cheese makes it all even better. Irresistible
TAGLIATELLE WITH BLACK TRUFFLE
- 170 g tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 black truffle
- 3 tbsp beef or vegetable stock or water
- 20 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
COOK THE TAGLIATELLE
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water. Cook until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Crush the garlic cloves to release the flavor. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the olive oil, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, and the crushed garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add about 1 tablespoon of freshly grated black truffle (about half of the truffle) and cook for another 30 seconds. Pour the stock (or water) into the skillet and stir well to combine. Remove the garlic cloves
- Drain your tagliatelle (reserve about 50 ml of cooking water). Add the tagliatelle to the sauce and toss to combine. Remove from the heat and grate the parmesan over the pasta. If necessary add the reserved pasta water to get a nice silky sauce. Grate the remaining fresh truffle over the pasta, then serve.