This is the chocolate sorbet — full and quite wealthy of chocolate taste. Utilize a cocoa powderit will make a impact. Since the mixture will bubble up as it pertains and make sure you use a large saucepan.
Dark Chocolate Sorbet
- 2 1/2 cups water split into 1 1/2 cups and 1 cup
- ½ cup agave syrup
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 8.5 oz. bittersweet chocolate chopped (I used a 72% Peruvian chocolate)
- In medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups water and agave and bring to boil over high heat. Gradually add cocoa powder, whisking until smooth. Reduce heat to low and cook mixture at a gentle simmer for 20 minutes until syrupy.
- Put the chopped chocolate in large bowl and add half the cocoa syrup, whisking until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Add remaining syrup and whisk. Stir in 1 cup of water and whisk until smooth.
- Chill mixture in the fridge covered until very cold, at least 4 hours. After chilling, if the mixture is too thick to pour, add enough water to make it a pourable consistency. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream machines instructions.
- I dipped store bought vegan cones in chocolate and rolled them in roasted, salted nuts. They are the perfect compliment to the rich, creamy chocolate sorbet.