Let’s say that again.
Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole.
Eggs. Potatoes. Cheese. Sausage. So easy to prepare, and it’s a crowd favorite. No time in the daytime? Whip this up in the night, place it in the refrigerator overnight, and the morning after, slide it in the oven. You will have a dish of deliciousness at no time flat.
This unbelievable Breakfast Casserole is a hit at my family Christmas Breakfast, and with good reason. It’s cheesy, filled with potatoes and yummy sausage, just enough egg, and buttery, peppery goodness.
It would be excellent for New Year’s Day when you are looking for something comfortable yet comforting than a night of the party. There is a reason the Waffle House is packed at 2 am, folks, and it is not the stellar wait staff.
This casserole is like the epitome of hashbrowns, which are smothered and covered and everything in between. Cut a few ripe tomatoes and throw them on top? Oh, my heavens.
You’ll never go back to Waffle House.
That is fine! Neither do I if we’re honest. Don’t hesitate to utilize hamburger instead, or even chunks of ham. When it’s meat you love with cheese and eggs, it is going to fit in beautifully!
Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound Italian Sausage cooked
- 1 yellow onion chopped, sauteed in sausage grease
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 ounce bag frozen Diced Hash Browns
- 8 ounce brick of Mild Cheddar Cheese grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray medium casserole dish (we used 9 x 13) with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare sausage and onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, including sausage and onions. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Reserve roughly one cup of the cheese for topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with reserved cheese. Return to oven for 8 minutes.
- Allow casserole to rest for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!