This banana pudding layered dessert is the best no-bake, make-ahead treat to create for a bunch. If you can discover a banana pudding flavored mix, go ahead and use it. But vanilla is just as excellent.
Banana Pudding Dessert
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/2 c. finely crushed Nilla Wafers
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- Pinch kosher salt
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 3.4-oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 c. whole milk
- 5 large ripe bananas sliced
- 48 Nilla wafer plus more, crushed, for garnish
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, stir together Nilla wafers, butterand salt. Press into the base of a small square baking dish. Set aside.
- Make cheesecake filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. Beat in thick cream and vanilla and until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Fold pudding to the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour half the filling into graham cracker crust. Add a layer of sliced bananas and Nilla Wafers, then pour the rest of the half of filling over top. Add another layer of sliced bananas and Nilla wafers. Refrigerate until set and cool, at least 2 hours and up to immediately covered.
- Top lasagna with cool whip, sprinkle with nilla wafers and top with remaining banana slices. Slice and serve.